ALTERNI REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last update: November 17, 2020.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE ALTERNI REWARDS PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE AS DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR PARTICIPATE IN THE ALTERNI REWARDS PROGRAM.
Alterni reserves the right to change, modify and/or eliminate the Rewards Program and/or all or any portion of these Rewards Terms or any policy pertaining to the Rewards Program at any time and in our sole discretion, including our right to discontinue or change the benefits or change the expiration date of Reward Points (defined below) or Reward Vouchers (defined below) received under the Rewards Program, merge the Rewards Program with another rewards program, or to adjust how Reward Points are earned, calculated or redeemed. It is possible that you may be unable to receive enough Reward Points to redeem a Reward Voucher if we discontinue the Rewards Program or merge the Rewards Program into another rewards program. If we make changes, we will post the amended Rewards Terms to https://www.alterni.com/content/24-terms-conditions and update the "Effective Date" above. We may also attempt to notify you in other ways. Unless we say otherwise, the amended Rewards Terms will be effective immediately and your continued participation in the Rewards Program after the amended terms are posted will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Rewards Terms, you must stop participating in the Rewards Program.
REWARD PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
REWARDS PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Rewards Program is a FREE customer loyalty program that allows participants to earn Reward Points with qualifying purchases on the Site. Participants may also earn Reward Points by participating in Promotional Activities (defined below) that may be offered through the Rewards Program from time to time. Participants in the Rewards Program may redeem accumulated Reward Points for Reward Vouchers that can be used toward purchasing items on the Site and may also use the Reward Points for other purposes as may be provided by Alterni from time to time. These Rewards Terms provide a general overview of the Rewards Program. For more information about earning, calculating or redeeming Reward Points, Promotional Activities and other details, please visit our Rewards Program page.
JOINING THE REWARDS PROGRAM
There are no membership fees associated with the Rewards Program. Below are some of the ways that you can enroll in the Rewards Program. For more information about enrolling in the Rewards Program, please visit our Rewards Program page.
- Email Alterni at email@example.com.
- Call the Alterni Customer Rewards Team at 03-79652888
- Join the Rewards Program through a special promotion that may be offered by Alterni from time to time. There may be additional terms and conditions applicable to these offers, so please read them carefully;
- Enroll online when you log in to your existing Alterni account ("Alterni Account") (when available) or when you register for a new Alterni Account; or
- Certain select customers will be automatically enrolled in the Rewards Program. If you are automatically enrolled, you still must agree to these Rewards Terms in order to complete your enrollment and participate in the Rewards Program, including redeeming Reward Points for Reward Vouchers or receiving any other Rewards Program benefits, and you will be prompted to do so upon login to your Alterni Account. If you do not agree to these Rewards Terms, you cannot participate in the Rewards Program. Auto-enrolled customers may opt-out of the Rewards Program at any time by contacting the Alterni Customer Rewards Team via email, live chat, or by calling 03-79652888.
Once you are enrolled in the Rewards Program and have accepted the Rewards Terms, you can view and manage your Rewards Program account ("Rewards Program Account") by logging into your Alterni Account. You may only have one Rewards Program Account, and it is nontransferable. You are responsible for anyone else who uses your Rewards Program Account.
EARNING REWARD POINTS
The benefits that are available to you through the Rewards Program are based on the number of Reward Points that you earn by making qualifying purchases on the Site or otherwise participating in Alterni Rewards Program Promotional Activities.
Purchases. In order to receive Reward Points for a purchase, your order must be placed in the Alterni Account that is associated with your Rewards Program Account. You will earn Reward Points based on the total amount paid for your purchase, excluding any tax and shipping and any purchases to the extent made with Reward Vouchers, other discount codes or gift cards. For more details about how to earn Reward Points by making qualifying purchases, please visit our Rewards Program page. Purchases made from any other websites owned or operated by Alterni or its affiliates are not eligible for Reward Points or other benefits unless otherwise indicated.
Promotional Activities and Events. From time to time, we, or others acting with our permission, may offer you opportunities to earn bonus Reward Points, such as inviting you to engage with Alterni in special promotional events or activities in exchange for Reward Points ("Promotional Activities").
Below are 1 example of Promotional Activities that we may offer you under the Rewards Program:
Recycle Campaign. You may earn Reward Points by recycling the empty boxes and empty bottles at our retail outlet. However, the Reward Points may not be combined with online Alterni Rewards Program offered through Alterni online.
For further details on Promotional Activities please visit our Rewards Program page. Reward Points for participation in Promotional Activities will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in the promotional offer. Some Promotional Activities may limit the amount of Reward Points earned per Promotional Activity. Reward Points for eligible participation in Promotional Activities may take seven or more days to be added to your Rewards Program Account.
REDEMPTION OF REWARD POINTS
You can redeem Reward Points posted to your Rewards Program Account for Reward Vouchers, which can be applied toward future Site purchases. For more details on redeeming Reward Points for Reward Vouchers (including the redemption rate), please visit our Rewards Program page. You can redeem your Reward Points for Reward Vouchers by logging into your Alterni Account and accessing the "My Rewards Account" dashboard (when available) or by the Alterni Customer Rewards Team via email, live chat, or by calling 1-300-88-1717. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to send your Reward Vouchers within 24 hours of your request.
One (1) redemption can be made for every purchase of RM 100. For example, you can redeem one (1) product of any value with your points available when your purchase is between RM 100 - RM199 and two (2) products when your purchase is between RM 200- RM 299. Redemption cannot be made from previous purchases.
Reward Points accumulated under the Rewards Program and Reward Vouchers issued when Reward Points are redeemed are promotional in nature and have no cash value. Reward Vouchers are redeemable in merchandise only and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Your Reward Points, Reward Vouchers and your Rewards Program Account are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred (by operation of law or otherwise) or assigned to or shared with, family, friends or others, or used by you for any commercial purpose. You are responsible for any federal, state or local taxes applicable to your participation in the Rewards Program.
EXPIRATION OF REWARD POINTS AND REWARD VOUCHERS
REWARD POINTS. ALL POINTS WILL EXPIRE TWO (2) YEARS FROM THE DATE OF POINTS EARNED. However, Alterni reserves the right to change, modify and/or eliminate the Reward Points and/or all or any portion of these Rewards Terms or any policy pertaining to the Rewards Program at any time and in our sole discretion, including our right to discontinue or change the benefits.
REWARD VOUCHERS. REWARD VOUCHERS expire ONE (1) YEAR from the date THEY ARE CONVERTED. REWARD VOUCHERS ARE subject to the additional terms AND RESTRICTIONS contained on the Reward Vouchers. SOME REWARD VOUCHERS MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH OTHER OFFERS OR PROMOTIONS.
IMPACT OF MERCHANDISE RETURNS ON YOUR REWARDS ON YOUR REWARD POINTS AND REWARD VOUCHERS
If you return merchandise that you purchased with your Reward Vouchers in accordance with the Site Return Policy, you will be refunded the amount you paid (excluding the value of the Reward Vouchers and any other discounts) to the original method of payment. For example, if you placed an order totaling RM100 for one item and used a RM10 Reward Vouchers, we will refund RM90 to your original method of payment. If you purchase multiple items using a single Reward Vouchers, then the value of your Reward Vouchers is applied proportionally to each item, and returns of any one item will result in a refund of the amount you paid for the item, excluding the value of the proportionally applied value of the Reward Vouchers. You will not receive a replacement Rewards Voucher for returned merchandise and Alterni will not credit the redeemed Reward Points back to your Rewards Program Account.
If you void a purchase or return your purchase, Alterni will deduct the Reward Points that you were awarded for that purchase from your Rewards Program Account. If you have already redeemed those Reward Points, this could potentially result in a negative Reward Points balance in your Rewards Program Account.
Without notice to you, Alterni reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Rewards Program Account and/or your participation in the Rewards Program (in whole or in part), if Alterni determines in its sole discretion that you have violated these Rewards Terms, you have more than one Rewards Program Account, or that the use of your Rewards Program Account or your participation in the Rewards Program is unauthorized, abusive, deceptive, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful. Alterni may, in its sole discretion, suspend, cancel or combine Rewards Program Accounts that appear to be duplicative. In the event that your participation in the Rewards Program is terminated, you will not be able to redeem any accumulated Reward Points.
Without notice to you, Alterni also reserves the right to “unregister" a Rewards Program Account that is inactive and cause that Rewards Program Account to be ineligible for the Rewards Program. An inactive Rewards Program Account is defined as a Rewards Program Account that has not earned Reward Points for ONE YEAR. In the event that your Rewards Program Account is unregistered due to inactivity, then you will no longer be eligible for Rewards Program benefits, including accumulating Reward Points or converting your Reward Points into Reward Vouchers. You may reactivate your Rewards Program Account by making a purchase using your Alterni Account that is associated with your Rewards Program Account, but any Reward Points earned prior to the Rewards Program Account being deemed inactive will be voided.
If you have any questions or if you are dissatisfied with the Rewards Program in any way, please contact our Alterni Customer Rewards Team via email, live chat, or by calling 03-79652888.
Thank you for visiting the www.alterni.com (the "Site"). We want each visitor to the Site ("you") to have a safe, pleasurable visit, as such we have established the following terms and conditions to enable each visitor to know what to expect from us and what we expect of you.
YOUR ACCOUNT OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of the Site, you agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the checkout form for your account information (the "Account Information"); and maintain and promptly update the Account Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
You will receive a password and account designation when you have completed the Account Information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
USE OF SERVICES
- Any conduct by you that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted;
- You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes.
- You are prohibited from posting on or transmitting through the Site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, fraudulent, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including but not limited to any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
- You agree not to use for any commercial purpose, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Site, any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- You agree not to access the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by us for use in accessing the Site.
- You agree not to upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same, upon receipt of written consent from us.
- You agree not to upload any files to the Site, including but not limited to files that contain any form of virus, corrupted files, or any other similar programs that may damage the operation of the Site.
- You agree not to falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or other material contained in the Site.
- You agree not to collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- You agree not to violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- You agree not to create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
ORDER ACCEPTANCE AND PRICING
Please note that there are cases when an order cannot be processed for various reasons. The Site reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order for any reason at any given time. You may be asked to provide additional verifications or information, including but not limited to phone number and address, before we accept the order.
We are determined to provide the most accurate pricing information on the Site to our users; however, errors may still occur, such as cases when the price of an item is not displayed correctly on the website. As such, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order. In the event that an item is mispriced, we may, at our own discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card or bank account charged.
You acknowledge that the Site contains information, data, software, photographs, graphics, videos, text, images, typefaces, sounds, and other material (collectively "Content") that are protected by copyrights, trademarks, or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereinafter developed.
All Content is copyrighted as a collective work under the Malaysia copyright laws, and we own a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such Content. You may not modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part.
The Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software of the Site is Copyright © 2009 Alterni (M) Sdn. Bhd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Alterni.com or using the Site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on the Site; including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication; without the prior written permission of Alterni (M) Sdn Bhd is strictly prohibited.
Alterni.com images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of Alterni (M) Sdn Bhd All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Links made available by Alterni.com to third party sites are not under the control of us and we are not responsible for the contents, change, updates, webcasting or any transmission made or received from any linked sites or links in any linked site. Alterni (M) Sdn Bhd. is only providing these links to you as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by us.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER WE, NOR OUR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS ("PROVIDERS"), MERCHANTS ("MERCHANTS"), SPONSORS ("SPONSORS"), LICENSORS ("LICENSORS"), OR THE LIKE (COLLECTIVELY, "ASSOCIATES"), WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CURRENCY OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ORAL ADVICE OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY US NOR OUR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, SPONSORS, LICENSORS, OR THE LIKE, SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.
All information contained on the Site, including information relating to medical and health conditions, products and treatments, is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. It is often presented in summary or aggregate form. It is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professionals or any information contained on or in any product packaging or labels. Information about each product is taken from the labels of the products or from the manufacturer's advertising material. Alterni (M) Sdn. Bhd. is not responsible for any statements or claims that various manufacturers make about their products. We cannot be held responsible for typographical errors or product formulation changes. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR DIAGNOSING A HEALTH PROBLEM OR PRESCRIBING A MEDICATION. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURERS OF THE PRODUCTS ON OR IN THE PRODUCT PACKAGING AND LABELS BEFORE USING ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED ON THE SITE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN AND MEDICAL ADVISORS. INFORMATION AND STATEMENTS REGARDING DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
Further, we explicitly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, content, or availability of information found on sites that link to or from the Site from third parties not associated with us. We encourage discretion when browsing the Internet using our or anyone else's service. Because some sites employ automated search results or otherwise link you to sites containing information that may be deemed inappropriate or offensive, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in third-party sites, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOOD WILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) THAT RESULT FROM:
- THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE,
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
- YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. ONLY WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES IS NOT ALLOWED BY THE GOVERNING LAW, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
We may elect to electronically monitor areas of the Site and may disclose any Content, records, or electronic communication of any kind:
- to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request; or
- if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate the Site; or
- to protect our rights or property or the rights of the users, Sponsors, Providers, Licensors, or Merchants. We are not responsible for screening, policing, editing, or monitoring such Content. If notified of allegedly infringing, defamatory, damaging, illegal, or offensive Content, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such Content from the Site.
- We may terminate your access, or suspend your access to all or part of the Site, without notice, for any conduct that we, in our sole discretion, believe is in violation of any applicable law or is harmful to the interests of another user, a third-party Provider, Merchant, Sponsor, Licensor, service provider, or us.
Because customer service is paramount to our business, we reserve the right to refuse to sell products to you if it reasonably appears to us that you intend to resell the products. In addition, we reserve the right to limit quantities of items purchased by each customer.
We are pleased to hear from our customers and welcome your comments regarding our products, including the Site. We request that you be specific in your comments on our services and products. If you send us comments, suggestions, ideas, materials, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information (collectively, "Submissions"), the Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, our property. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part, and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that we shall exclusively own and hereby assign to us without compensation or further obligation all now known or hereafter existing rights to the Submissions of every kind and nature throughout the universe and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions, including the right to publish on the Site or elsewhere and to use the Submission, including any suggestions, ideas, etc. contained herein.
We control the Site from our offices within Malaysia. We make no representation that the Content in the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Content in violation of Malaysia export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Site, the services provided through the Site or the Content shall be governed by the internal laws of Malaysia, without reference to its choice of law provisions.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Site where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorizes by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be sent:
ALTERNI (M) SDN. BHD.
UNIT 1201, 12TH FLOOR, PJ TOWER,
AMCORP TRADE CENTRE, PERSIARAN BARAT,
46050 PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR.
Last Updated: September 16, 2015
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, you may contact us (and our Data Protection Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you create an Alterni account, or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the Site, the personal information we collect may include your:
- Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
You must only submit to us, our authorized agent or the Site, information which is accurate and complete and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes (more information below). We reserve the right to request for documentation to verify the information provided by you.
We will only be able to collect your personal information if you voluntarily submit the information to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our Services. You may access and update your personal information submitted to us at any time as described below.
If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect from you will be used, or shared with third parties (including related companies, third party service providers, and third party sellers), for some or all of the following purposes:
- To process orders you submit through the Site. Payments that you make through the Site for products will be processed by our agent;
- To deliver the products you have purchased through the Site. We may pass your personal information on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier).
- To update you on the delivery of the products and for customer support purposes;
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account (if any) with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from the Site; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customize them for users; identify visitors on the Site; carry out research on our users’ demographics and behavior; provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our or third party sellers’ products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes;
- When you register an account with Alterni or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the Site, we will also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials about our or third party sellers’ products and services from time to time. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material. We may use your contact information to send newsletters from us and from our related companies; and
- In exceptional circumstances Alterni may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfillment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
Alterni may share your personal information with third parties and our affiliates for the above mentioned purposes, specifically, completing a transaction with you, managing your account and our relationship with you, marketing and fulfilling any legal or regulatory requirements and requests as deemed necessary by Alterni. In sharing your personal information with them, we endeavor to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal information only for as long as they need your personal information to achieve the above mentioned purposes.
In disclosing or transferring your personal information to third parties and our affiliates located overseas, Alterni take steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (“PDP Act”).
Alterni does not engage into the business of selling customers’ personal information to third parties.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may communicate your objection to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time by contacting us at our e-mail address below.
Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the Site. If you do not have an account with us, you can do so by contacting us at our e-mail address below.
We take steps to share the updates to your personal information with third parties and our affiliates with whom we have shared your personal information if your personal information is still necessary for the above stated purposes.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to view the personal information we have on you or inquire about the ways in which your personal information has been or may have been used or disclosed by Alterni within the past year, please contact us at our e-mail address below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal information records.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Alterni ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Alterni, please contact us at our e-mail address below.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your Alterni password to anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to Alterni. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password. You are reminded to log off of your account and close the browser when finished using a shared computer.
Alterni does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18 years old, you may use our website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
COLLECTION OF COMPUTER DATA
When you visit the Site, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site
- The pages within the Site which you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on the Site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve the Site and the services and products we provide.
Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They allow us to recognize a particular device or browser and help us to personalize the content to match your preferred interests more quickly, and to make our Services and the Site more convenient and useful to you.
Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on our Service and the Site. They allow us to count users who have viewed these pages so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
NO SPAM, SPYWARE, OR VIRUS
Spam, spyware or virus is not allowed on the Site. Please set and maintain your communication preferences so that we send communications to you as you prefer. You are not licensed or otherwise allowed to add other users (even a user who has purchased an item from you) to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. You should not send any messages which contain spam, spyware or virus via the Platform. If you would like to report any suspicious messages, please contact us at our email address below.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALTERNI HAS THE RIGHT TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY LEGAL, REGULATORY, GOVERNMENTAL, TAX, LAW ENFORCEMENT OR OTHER AUTHORITIES OR THE RELEVANT RIGHT OWNERS, IF ALTERNI HAS REASONABLE GROUNDS TO BELIEVE THAT DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NECESSARY FOR THE PURPOSE OF MEETING ANY OBLIGATIONS, REQUIREMENTS OR ARRANGEMENTS, WHETHER VOLUNTARY OR MANDATORY, AS A RESULT OF COOPERATING WITH AN ORDER, AN INVESTIGATION AND/OR A REQUEST OF ANY NATURE BY SUCH PARTIES. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE NOT TO TAKE ANY ACTION AND/OR WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS TO TAKE ANY ACTION AGAINST ALTERNI FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, request access and/or correction of your personal information, have any queries, comments or concerns, or require any help on technical or cookie-related matters, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com